Muchin's advisory program is...
...the CORE of what we do.
Students at Muchin College Prep will participate in advisory for the entire four years of enrollment. Students remain in their advisory, with the same advisor, until graduation.
Planning for College
- Communicating regularly with parents
- Conducting parent-teacher conferences
- Consulting about academic course-load
- Monitoring academic and behavioral performance
- Exploring and planning career options
- Recording daily attendance
- Making announcements
- Monitoring daily school readiness, i.e. checking uniforms, homework, and supplies
Textbooks used: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens; The 6 Most Important Decisions; and supplemental-reading materials will also be selected.
College Bound Expectations
100% of students gain acceptance into a college of university.
- 100% of students matriculate into a college or university.
College Bound Curriculum: Collegiate Seminar is designed to guide students through the research, application, financial planning and matriculation process for college. This course is modeled after college level instructional practices, in an effort to best to prepare students for college level studies. MCP's Collegiate Seminar course is a uniquely designed to assure students have all the resources and tools necessary to matriculate to and graduate from a four-year university/college. Proper preparation for the academic, financial, emotional and social demands of college is essential to realizing college graduation and opening the door of opportunity to all our students.
Learn more about the college support we provide students.
- Job Opportunities