Goals for Enrichment:
- Provide a variety of unique, educational classes for students to participate in after school.
- Communicate the importance of extracurricular involvement to scholars. When MCP scholars apply to college, their extracurricular involvement will be a significant component of their application. Participating in enrichment classes at MCP is a great way for scholars to learn about new subjects, demonstrate a passion and develop leadership skills.
- Ensure that student participation remains consistent throughout the semester.
- If a student misses 1 class, they will receive 4 demerits.
- If a student misses a class and gives the teacher a reason why, he or she will earn 1 demerit.
- Students will sign the syllabus at the beginning of the class stating this policy.
After 2 absences (unexcused), students will no longer be able to receive the enrichment credit.
- If a student wants to drop the class, they must complete a formal “Drop Enrichment Form”. If they do not complete it, they will receive an F for the course for missing more than 2 days.
- If a student is not at school the day of enrichment, he or she will not be able to attend the class.
- Tardies: students should be on time for every class and explain to students that the demerit system will be enforced if they continue to arrive late.
Examples of Enrichment Classes offered at MCP during the 2015-2016 Academic Year include:
- Activism Institute
- Anime Club
- Art Appreciation
- Baile Folorico
- Baxter International
- Book Club
- Cooking Club
- Dance Team
- Double Dutch
- Gay Straight Alliance
- Girls Who Code
- Filipino Heritage Club
- Hip Hop Dance
- Magic the Gathering
- National Honors Society
- Proskauer Partnership
- Robotics Club
- Step Team
- Step Up for Girls
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Urban Art
- 40/40 Club
Earning Enrichment Credit for Enrichment Activity Outside of MCP
Students may earn enrichment credit for activities outside of MCP if it is approved by the Enrichment Coordinator. Students may not earn enrichment credit for any activity in which students receive monetary compensation (including After School Matters). At the completion of enrichment trimester, students must submit an Enrichment Documentation Form to receive enrichment credit.
- Job Opportunities